True to its name, the Coastal Pacific rail journey takes passengers along the east coast to and from the South Island centres of Picton and Christchurch. Spot marine life, marvel at the beautiful vineyards and see secluded beaches from your window. This one-day journey showcases some of the most beautiful parts of the South Island.
Scenic Class & Scenic Plus Class
- Rugged coastlines, across remote beaches, between mountains and sea, on a timeless journey breath taking beauty.
- Stunning Kaikōura Coastline, famous for its marine life and whale watching.
- Voyage through the vineyards of Blen- heim, dripping with New Zealand's premium crop. Canter amidst the idyllic Canterbury countryside to the Garden City of Christchurch.
- Traveling between Christchurch and Picton, the Coastal Pacific meanders breathtakingly close to the sea, where the roaring Pacific Ocean meets the rising Kaikōura mountains
- Accommodation: Trailways Hotel, Nelson & Distinction Christchurch Hotel